Repair Cafés are pop-up events where residents can bring their broken items (small appliances, lamps, electronics, jewelry, clothing, small toys or furniture, etc.) and volunteer expert “fixers” are available to help residents learn to repair their stuff – for free!
Maple Ridge Repair Cafés aim to:
1. Bring back repair into local society in a modern way
2. Create opportunities for valuable repair expertise to be learned and shared
3. Promote social connections in the local community
4. Repair and reuse items that would’ve ended up in the landfill
5. Encourage kids to get hands on with tools and learn how things work
6. Provide support to others who wish to start up their own Repair Cafes
Funding provided by Vancity's enviroFund grant.